Minarak Director of PT Lapindo Jaya ( MLJ ) Andi Darussalam Tabusala say , obligations that must be paid to the victims of the mud reached Rp 786 billion . Obligations that should be met by 2012 , but until now has not been able to accomplished .
( Read: memaster murai batu )
" We want to finish it on schedule . However , the company 's financial condition has not been possible so had to wait until business recovered , " said Andi , Saturday ( 05/24/2014 ) .
Lapindo mud gushed on May 29, 2006 in the village of Siring , Porong , Sidoarjo regency , East Java . Bursts of drilling in the well caused by PT Lapindo Brantas was about thousands of homes and farm land .
By the government , mudflow victims divided into two categories , namely those that fall into the affected area map ( PAT ) and an area of 640 hectares outside the PAT .
The basis is the determination of Presidential Regulation No. 48 of 2008 on the Amendment of Presidential Decree No. 14 Year 2007 on the Sidoarjo Mud Mitigation Agency . Areas affected Lapindo agreed aided and outside of government dependents maps of the state budget .
PT MLJ claims already spend up to Rp 9 trillion, or 80 percent to pay the victim compensation of mud in PAT . Payment of the remaining Rp 786 billion or 20 percent of the promised repaid the end of 2012 , but was delayed until now .
Due to delay in payment of the remainder of the compensation , Andi said , it got a warning letter from the Minister of Public Works Djoko Kirmanto as Chairman of the Advisory Board Sidoarjo Mud Mitigation Agency ( BPLS ) . Contents , PT Lapindo requested maximum settle payment obligations end in June 2014 .
Responding to the letter , PT MLJ pleaded not capable . They asked the government to help by lending funds from the bank to the MLJ . Similar ease 've done in 2009 , MLJ got a loan from Bank Rakyat Indonesia .
Another solution , Andi , asked the government to pay compensation to buy assets such as government resident outside the map . Lapindo will take over the asset when it has a replacement fund .
Residents are tired
One of the victims of the mud , Danu Bambang Setiawan ( 66 ) , said it is hoped the payment of compensation paid immediately . He admitted that he had tired of eight years of fighting for the payment of compensation they are entitled .
"It's been eight years we fight for their rights . So, it is expected the government to intervene , especially the Constitutional Court has mandated that the verdict , " said Archer .
Chairman of the Special Committee on Parliament Sidoarjo mudflow Emir Firdaus said , it's time to intervene because the central government began to mudflow victims by blocking efforts to control emotions mudflow handled by BPLS .
"The actions of the victim began to endanger the public interest because it can lead to collapse and flood mud embankment widespread if not look for a solution , " said the Emir .
Special Committee has formulated three solutions , the government should impose sanctions on Lapindo if not immediately pay off . The second option , the government provides loans to companies with collateral certificate land and houses . The final choice , the government bought the land and buildings belonging to the victim mud in PAT by using state budget funds .